What the Catholic Church Teaches about Christian Unity
Note: Everything that you need to know for ecumenical ministry is found in the Directory for the Application of Principles and Norms on Ecumenism (DAPNE, 1993). This lengthy document is broken down for you by chapter in its Table of Contents with links to text for each of 5 chapters of DAFNE. (See below)
- The Second Vatican Council: Decree on Ecumenism (Unitatis Redintegratio), November 21, 1964. (Sometimes abbreviated as UR).
- Pope John Paul II: That They May Be One: On Commitment to Ecumenism (Ut Unum Sint), May 25, 1995. (Sometimes abbreviated as UUS).
- Pope Benedict XVI and Ecumenism
- Pope Francis and Ecumenism (under construction)
- Catechism of the Catholic Church (1994), Part I, Chapter Three, Article 9, paragraph 3: “The Church Is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic” (items 811-856).
- Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity: The Ecumenical Dimension in the Formation of those Engaged in Pastoral Work (March 19, 1998).
- Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity: Directory for the Application of Principles and Norms on Ecumenism (DAPNE, 1993). (Important passages have been highlighted.)