Pope Francis and the Pursuit of Christian Unity
Pope Francis and Leaders of Orthodox Churches
Orthodox Churches and the Election and Installation of Pope Francis
- His All-Holiness [Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew] congratulates newly-elected Pope Francis. The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, March 13, 2013.
- His Holiness [Russian Orthodox] Patriarch Kirill’s greeting to the new Primate of the Roman Catholic Church. Russian Orthodox Church, Moscow, 14.03.2013
- His Holiness [Armenian Patriarch] Karekin II Congratulates Newly Elected Pope Francis. The Armenian Church Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Information Services 14 March, 2013
- For the first time since the Great Schism, Ecumenical Patriarch to attend Pope’s inaugural Mass. AsiaNews, 03-15-2013. The Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople Bartholomew I will attend Pope Francis’s inaugural Mass. The Ecumenical Patriarchate Press Office informed AsiaNews about the decision, noting that this is the first time such an event occurs since the Catholic-Orthodox split in 1054, an important sign for Christian unity. The ecumenical patriarch will be accompanied by Ioannis Zizioulas, metropolitan of Pergamon and co-president of the Joint International Commission for Theological Dialogue between the Roman Catholic and the Orthodox Church, as well as Tarassios, Orthodox Metropolitan of Argentina, and Gennadios, Orthodox Metropolitan of Italy.
- [Coptic Orthodox Pope] Tawadros II thanks cardinals and Pope Francis for the “blessed choice”. AsiaNews, 03-15-2013
- Greetings of Serbian [Orthodox] Patriarch Irinej to the newly-elected Pope 15 March 2013
- Orthodox Ecumenical Patriarch to Attend Pope’s Installation Mass, First Time in History. Christian Post, March 18, 2013.
- Greek Orthodox patriarch stages first visit to pope’s inaugural Mass in 1,000 years. ISTANBUL – Hürriyet Daily News, March 19, 2013.
- Will Francis Go To Moscow? Russian Orthodox Size Up New Pope.Worldcrunch, All News Is Global, 2013-03-20.
- His All-Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew addresses Pope Francis at the Vatican, Order of St. Andrew the Apostle, 3/21/2013
- Orthodox and Catholic Breakthrough? Pope Francis Embraces ‘My Brother Andrew’. By Deacon Keith Fournier, Catholic Online, 3/21/2013
- Ecumenical patriarch invites pope to visit, April 1, 2013
- Catholic, Greek Orthodox reunification could be on the horizon – Timothy Whiteman, April 1, 2013, Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com
This page is under construction
- Pope Francis and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew
- Pope Francis and Coptic Pope Tawadros II of Alexandria
- Pope Francis and the Russian Orthodox Church
- Pope Francis and other Orthodox church leaders